Saturday, February 2, 2008

Floored!


Ok, so I freaked out a little. And she laughed at me for doing that. But what would you do under the circumstance?

As I said in yesterday’s blog, I spent many hours cleaning house, and it looked great. Especially the kitchen floor where I spent a long time on my knees scrubbing and polishing. It really looked good if I say so myself.

Unfortunately, our wonderful Iowa weather didn’t cooperate very well. It snowed and the temperature was cold. So when Linda walked in the door, her glasses immediately fogged over because of the warm temperature there from my cooking and preparing dinner. And she really wasn’t aware of the snow still clinging to her shoes as she walked through the kitchen on her way to the bedroom where she wanted to change into something comfortable.

I saw the snow tracks across my clean kitchen floor and immediately freaked out. I actually gave a high pitched scream, grabbed a towel and dropped to the floor to whip up the puddles. Linda turned at my scream and saw me on my knees. She couldn’t help herself. She laughed out loud at me. Looking back, I guess I did act like a little sissy. But my floor!

When she came out of the bedroom she gave me a big hug and said how sorry she was at her reaction. She told me the house looked beautiful. And all was forgiven. In the future I will make sure I meet her at the door with her slippers so this won’t happen again.

I just finished baking a cake. The house smells so good. Linda came out from the office and asked how soon we could cut it. She loves it when I bake. And I love doing special things like that for her.

I must go get the clothes out of the dryer so have to make this short. What does your weekend find you doing?

Bev

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture - I can imagine suzy looking like that - she's got a great arse! xxxx

junior said...

you realize that your Wife may have purposely tried to teach you a lesson for not having slippers at the door for Her, don't you?